Friday night pizzas have become an institution in our family. We've managed to find some awesome homemade recipes that ensure we get to enjoy a meal that's easy, yummy and nutritious. This is one of our Friday favourites.
- storebought pizza base
- 100g oyster mushrooms, sliced or torn into 2cm strips
- a handful of fresh baby kale, sliced into small pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- tomato pizza sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50g creamy feta cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place a pizza stone on a rack in the lower third of your oven to heat until ready. If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a pizza pan or a thick baking sheet.
- In a large frying pan, add olive oil, onions and honey or maple syrup. Cook on low heat for 10mins until caramelised. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- In the same frying pan, boil mushrooms in 1/4cup of water for 5 mins or until water is boiled away. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Place pizza base onto a heated pizza stone or on a tray with baking paper.
- Spread a layer of tomato pizza sauce.
- Add kale, mushrooms, caramelised onions, feta, pepper and mozzarella.
- Bake until the crust is browned and the cheese is golden about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
SERVES 2 | COOKING TIME: 25-35 MINS